This Salem Fire Protection District is nearly always on the look out for new members. If you are interested in joining us please fill out the below form. The details will be send to the Chief's for review. You may also stop by the fire station from 8am to 8pm to complete a more extensive application.
To become a member of the Salem Fire Protection District, You first have to meet a number of standard requirements.
- Must be 18 years of age or older, graduated from high school or have obtained a GED.
- Must be a current US Citizen
- Reside in the Salem Fire Protection District (not necessarily in the City of Salem)
- Must hold a valid State of Illinois Drivers License
- Have a very good driving record
- Must be willing to be a team player
- Must be able to put in hard work for some extended periods of time
- Must be able to participate at weekly Tuesday night training sessions
- A desire to assist your neighbor in an emergency
The Salem Fire Protection District is an equal opportunity employer.